08 September 2026

Stage 2 Thyroid Cancer Can't Stop Me From Reading the Bible Every Day

My Struggle Against Thyroid Cancer.

Stage 2 Thyroid Cancer Can't Stop Me From Reading the Bible Every Day.



After my Thyroid nodule in my neck was removed on June 20, 2026, and after my entire Thyroid gland was removed for Stage 2 Thyroid Cancer on August 8, 2026, I took a break from reading the Bible and writing about my experiences related to Bible verses on my blog. These two surgeries drained me physically and emotionally, leaving me feeling exhausted, and I needed more rest.

But of course, I didn't stop praying to my Lord Jesus Christ, Holy Mary, Saint Joseph, the Holy Spirit, Saint Michael, Saint Raphael, and Saint Gabriel. Prayer is my Spiritual Weapon.

One recent guidance that keeps me praying is this: One day, when I was feeling tired of praying, suddenly a voice said:

"Come on, pray, Astrid. Pray only takes a moment." 😊

The above words really inspired me to pray. If I can and am willing to do anything that takes a long time, then I should be able and willing to pray for something that only takes a few minutes.

After my physical and mental condition improved, I wanted to return to read the Bible every day, but only 1 verse per day so I wouldn't get tired or bored.

My goal is to let the Word of my Lord Jesus Christ stick in my heart and mind, and let His Word become my daily strength.

After searching for a light and simple guide to reading the Bible daily, by reading just 1 verse per day, I found the guide I've been using and a new one.

* My most common guide is using the "Verse of the Day" feature, which provides 1 verse to read each day without having to open the Bible and worry about which one to read. The app that provides this feature is the YouVersion app at: https://www.youversion.com

In the YouVersion app, the verses can be read on the screen, and I've requested the app send the verses via email so I don't have to open the app.

* The new guide is:

- A simple method for reading the Bible: Read 1 verse per day slowly, focusing on 1 word that touches my heart the most, such as "Peace," "Strength," or "Do not be afraid", Ask myself: "What is Jesus Christ trying to tell me through this verse?", and Believe that Jesus Christ is giving me strength through these words.

- Choose soothing Bible passages and avoid lengthy historical books full of complex laws. Some books that bring peace to the soul are: the Book of Psalms (Filled with prayers of comfort when people feel weak and sick) and the Book of John (Focusing on Jesus' Loving Words and miraculous healings).

- A short prayer before reading the Bible: "My Lord Jesus Christ, be present in me and accompany me as I read the Bible. Amen."

- A short prayer after reading the Bible: "My Lord Jesus Christ, thank You for today's verse. Amen."

My Beloved Lord Jesus Christ, may You see my faithfulness to You and the sincerity of my heart to always learn from You and draw close to You. 🤍

My Battle Against Thyroid Cancer:

https://astridamalia.blogspot.com/2026/08/my-battle-against-thyroid-cancer.html

The Healing and Recovery Process After My Breast Tumor and Thyroid Cancer Surgeries:

https://astridamalia.blogspot.com/2026/09/the-healing-and-recovery-process-after.html

#Bible #Jesus #Christ #Cancer #Tumor

No comments:

Post a Comment